I just read a funny thing. In my Hebrew /English dictionary the word Kallah means a bride. It also means destroy, do away with, finish.
(can you all tell i'm depressed right now?)
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About life in the chareidi circles from the perspective of an African American Jew
3 comments:
I have:
kal/-ah adj. light and easy
kal|a/-'ah/-atee v. imprisoned or locked up
kalah n. wedding couple
kal/ah/-tah/-eetee v. ran out, finished; perished
kal|ah/-tah/-eetee v. roasted, toasted
Sorry. I can't find a way to make it sound good other than after my wife and I were married, we got good and toasted until we were finished and ran out of champagne. I won't try to render that in everyday Hebrew as like my skill with the similar language French, I will sound really stupid if not actually choke.
ROFL!!! Thanks so much Suitepotato. That was too funny!
Wow! I didn't know those definitions - but they make perfect sense! ;)
Post a Comment