Just to combat this oppressive depression I 'm going through right now, I thought i'd make a partial list of my blessings:
I am grateful to God that:
I have wonderful children.
I live in a very holy land.
I am honest with myself even if its uncomfortable.
I enjoy and love teaching each child.
We have a home in Jerusalem.
I had the experience of being a worker and a housewife.
I try to eat healthy -I don't think I eat so unhealthy.
We get frequent visits from the mothers (and mothers in laws)
My husband is a sofer (scribe), a nice profession that keeps us in Torah.
just a partial list in an attempt to uplift my mood. sigh.
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Nice list! Hope you're feeling better! :-)
Thanks. slowly slowly.
Miriam is this because of your mother visiting?
Hi Halima,
I think its a combination of things. I am feeling much better now though.
Glad you are feeling better! You mean people who live in Israel get depressed too? It was hard to imagine ever feeling sad when I was there - the depression set back in when I stepped back on American soil!
Hey we should all learn from you to create such lists!
We all need to count our blessings and thank Hashem for them
*big hug*
lol Frumhouse. I wish it wasn't so!
Nuch - I tell ya, I can understand why when we need to be sad (like on Tisha b'Av, why we can't read the torah. Its so uplifting! I should have added that on my list).
Fashionista cat! Thanks so much!!!! big ((((HUGS)))) WELCOMED
Post a Comment