Sunday, January 06, 2008

Positive Thinking

Just to combat this oppressive depression I 'm going through right now, I thought i'd make a partial list of my blessings:

I am grateful to God that:

I have wonderful children.
I live in a very holy land.
I am honest with myself even if its uncomfortable.
I enjoy and love teaching each child.
We have a home in Jerusalem.
I had the experience of being a worker and a housewife.
I try to eat healthy -I don't think I eat so unhealthy.
We get frequent visits from the mothers (and mothers in laws)
My husband is a sofer (scribe), a nice profession that keeps us in Torah.

just a partial list in an attempt to uplift my mood. sigh.

8 comments:

Tr8erGirl said...

Nice list! Hope you're feeling better! :-)

Miriam said...

Thanks. slowly slowly.

Halima said...

Miriam is this because of your mother visiting?

Miriam said...

Hi Halima,

I think its a combination of things. I am feeling much better now though.

frumhouse said...

Glad you are feeling better! You mean people who live in Israel get depressed too? It was hard to imagine ever feeling sad when I was there - the depression set back in when I stepped back on American soil!

nuch a chosid said...

Hey we should all learn from you to create such lists!

We all need to count our blessings and thank Hashem for them

fashionista cat in a zero gravity shoe-store said...

*big hug*

Miriam said...

lol Frumhouse. I wish it wasn't so!

Nuch - I tell ya, I can understand why when we need to be sad (like on Tisha b'Av, why we can't read the torah. Its so uplifting! I should have added that on my list).

Fashionista cat! Thanks so much!!!! big ((((HUGS)))) WELCOMED