As I await, for my unofficial big brother, Jacob Da Jew to post on the Enneagram, I decided to post a little on the topic myself. (I call him big brother because I have learned so much from him).
There is a book called Awareness, by Miriam Adahan, which I love so much. It takes the same enneagram but puts a Jewish spin on it. So, all the examples are of situations I can relate to.
Well, I wonder if anyone will ever write an enneagram book based on other groups of people. Anyway, here's my random take:
Type ONE: Idealistic / principled type
Example:
Would probably be heard saying something like, "It's got to be done right!" or "its MY way or the high way!"
On a good day: She'll crusade for justice. Be very efficient and organized. Uphold principles just for the sake of being a righteous person.
On a bad day: She probably has low tolerance for anything that's not what she would do/ say/ think. Keep worrying over a 'fault' of hers. Or even feel someone deserves slow punishment to 'atone'.
My suspected biblical persona: Yitzchok (Isaac)
Type TWO: Caring / protective type
Example:
Would probably be heard saying something like, "How can I help x." or "here, let me do it for you." or "I'm overwhelmed!"
On a good day: She'll jump at a chance to do any act of kindness. Seem always cheerful and ready for action.
On a bad day: She'll feel unloved and try to do too much for folks. People please ad nausum.
My suspected biblical persona: Avraham (Abraham)
TYPE THREE: SUCCESS / ON
Would probably be heard saying something like, "I must succeed. I want to win!"
On a good day: She'd be running her corporation smoothly lolol. Making another million bucks. Seem always "on". Very capable of suppressing her emotions for the sake of succeeding.
On a bad day: She'll probably stay in bed and not want to face the world -especially not without her makeup! Will deal with immoral people for the sake of a goal.
My suspected biblical persona: Queen Esther.
TYPE FOUR: The Artist /The Unique One
Would probably be heard saying something like, "nobody understands me!"
On a good day: She works on being happy. Is very creative and unique. Enjoys her space alone but also loves being with people.
On a bad day: She'll think she's ill. She'll think she's going nuts or feels too much or wish she had thicker skin to deal with cruel people.
My suspected biblical persona: David haMelech /King David. He wrote the majority of Tehillim /Psalms. Had such a dramatic life.
TYPE FIVE: Data collector / Nutty professor
Would probably be heard saying something like, "When i'm feeling more exuberant, I can explain it better..."
On a good day: She'll come up with wonderful insights on various topics. He usually had a stamp collection when young, or some other collection.
On a bad day: Will be a loner.
My suspected biblical persona:
TYPE SIX: The friend / Leader
Would probably be heard saying something like, "My friend so-and-so...." or "I am committed to /devoted to...."
On a good day: Would make great community leaders. Calls friends up loyally. Are bold fighters.
On a bad day: She'd dilly dally forever before making a choice. She'll distrust a friend she once trusted over a happening.
My suspected biblical persona:
TYPE SEVEN: Action Oriented /go go go!
Would probably be heard saying something like, "so what are we doing this weekend?!"
On a good day: Will have lots of projects lined up and happily go about accomplishing them.
On a bad day:
My suspected biblical persona:
TYPE EIGHT: Confronter / The Lion
Would probably be heard saying something like, "Yeah, and what of it?!"
On a good day: She kicks **** and takes names.
On a bad day: same. LOL
My suspected biblical persona:
TYPE NINE: Very easy going / Dreamer
Would probably be heard saying something like, "Okay, so relax, we'll figure it out" Or "Oh, its not a really big problem at all..."
On a good day: Will calmly, persistantly take down 'enemies' like in the movie 'Unforgiven'. Will be at ease and be able to resonate with people with out feeling out of control.
On a bad day: Will stick head in sand.
My suspected biblical persona: Aaron haCohen /Aaron the cohen
Some Info taken from http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp
13 comments:
I'm number 6 friend/leader. I am loyal to a fault until someone crosses me and then I cut you off with a quickness. I'm working on it though because sometimes people do need another chance.
Happy friday!
I'm a number 4. That makes me officially weird ;)
Awareness is a great book.......oh, I'm a 4......
Maimonides says that a person should always walk on the middle path, and then he/she will be called righteous. If Adahan is correct, I have a multiple personality disorder and should begin heavy medication right now! This list is too general and puts people in boxes. Also the categories overlap. Or maybe its just me... I definitely am very loyal, but i also am dreamy. I love art, am easygoing by nature... I hate when people lie, and have some strong principles.
????:)
Tania - I hope i'm on your friend list! btw-that was SUCH A CUTE PICTURE with "wolverine" and his biracial son. too cute.
Fashionista & Tr8ergirl - My sister (also my best friend) is a four.
CSJ -speaking of the middle path. Its interesting, its only when someone reacts too x, or doesnt get riled enough about y, or angrily says z, only then that I can spot their type. But if I meet someone and they have really really worked on their middot /character traits ,etc., then I usually can't tell what number they are.
what?! Anonymous is me, Miriam.
Hi Miriam
Interesting spin on things, lil' sis.
I haven't forgotten to post on the enneagram, just been ruminating on it.
Get ready for da bomb...
And where is your Technorati thingie?
Allright...Post is up!
YAY! I'm a four!!
Hey Miriam! Great blog!
You do know a lot of fours dont you? Add me on honey!
JDJ -I added the technorati thingy. lol. Wow! I had no idea!
Hey Halima -thanks for stopping by!
Tracy & ArtChic -woo hoo! You guys are deep!
Post a Comment