Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Fearful Ones



What is about me? I once went into a very sheltered enclave of the very very very religious. I go there go to a clinic. All the sweet little school girls who probably never got out of their neighborhood were so shocked to see me. It was so sad it was hilarious. I noticed that they also looked with a wee bit less horror when a pizza delivery guy passed by on his loud motorcycle.

Them, I can't blame.

Other times when dealing with certain folks, I notice some sort of fear. Intimidated? Even from adults. As if they may offend me and i'll......bite? go bullistics? Show them down? I don't know. But there is definitely a fear there. I'm just human, lol.

...Sometimes I dread going to these super religious enclaves...

I've often wondered how to harness this power that I seem to possess (or that's thrusted on me. Come on, giving someone so much fear IS giving someone power) and use it for good....

Any ideas?

5 comments:

Tr8erGirl said...

you should write a book! (but I'm sure lots of people tell you that!)

Miriam said...

I'd write one but I just don't see it as so interesting. lol

Tr8erGirl said...

lol - you're to close to the situation to be objective!!

-suitepotato- said...

Ignore it. Let it slide gracefully as if it didn't exist. Lead by example. That's what I do. I tried using the fear some people had of me and it was a short amusement and never made me feel better.

Miriam said...

Suitepotato,

Thanks so much for all your positivity and for caring. It touched me.